The Youth Leaders, Teachers, and Workers of Northwest Baptist Church are committed to providing an environment which promotes the welfare of all children and that protects them from harm. We seek to share the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with the children, but we also desire to see them develop socially as well as spiritually.
We wish to ensure that all children participate in the various youth activities and classes in an enjoyable and safe environment which encourages them to have fun, feel valued and learn from the Word of God.
The Youth Leaders, Teachers, and Workers of Northwest Baptist Church fully recognise and accept their responsibilities to develop awareness of the issues which cause children harm, and they seek to maintain a safe environment for them. We are committed to reviewing our Child Protection Policy, our procedures and practice at regular intervals to ensure a safe environment for all children is maintained.
We endeavour to safeguard children by:
- Following carefully the procedures in the Child Protection Policy for recruitment and selection of the Youth Leaders, Teachers, and Workers.
- Providing Youth Leaders, Teachers, and Workers with information, supervision, support, and training concerning child protection and good practice with children, parents and fellow leaders, teachers, and workers.
- Adopting child protection guidelines through a code of behaviour for leaders, teachers, workers, and children in our care.
- Sharing information about concerns with the relevant agencies that need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Ensuring that the Northwest Baptist Church Child Protection Policy is adhered to by all Youth Leaders, Teachers, Workers, and Church Members who have access to children.
You may contact us at 028 7122 6164 if you have any queries or would like to receive a paper copy of our policy, make a complaint, or report an incident.